Friday, June 22, 2012

Parental Work Camp

My parents came to visit me for a couple of week in May/June for their annual "work camp" visit. We did a few fun things...like going to Asticou Gardens to see the spring flowers and eating ice cream at Blueberry Hill in Ellsworth...but mostly they worked on many of the projects around the house I haven't had time to get to.

It is so wonderful to come home now to finished trim painting and a front door that is stained exactly the color I wanted. My Dad got particularly ambitious and tore apart the downstairs garage, painted the walls with a water barrier, and rebuilt my storage shelves. He also helped me build a couple of bike racks out of PVC pipe. It's great! Everything is organized and cleaned and ready for a summer of fun. Thanks Mom and Dad!



No comments: