Saturday, January 9, 2010

Week 17: Cold, but productive

 
 
 
 

The chimney is officially completed this week and the Fire Chief came by to inspect. There are a few things he'd like changed with respect to existing framing but it is all pretty minor. Great to have that project "in the bag"!

The plumbers and electrician have been busy with their work. I even have one of my shower units in place! The plan is for them to be finished with the rough in(and inspection) next week so that the insulation team can come in the week of January 18 to do their job.

The carpenters worked on building some chases for the plumbing and for the venting of my new stove. They also fixed the height of the big picture window so that it is far enough off the ground to meet the building code. They also started the exterior siding and built a new little A-frame roof over one of the entrance doors to the in law apartment. The first pallet of siding showed up on Friday. I was going to go for a light grey siding but in the end I really liked something called Nantucket Gray...which is a green-grey color. My house will blend in nicely with the surrounding trees.

The new exterior doors have been ordered. I went with a fiberglass Therma-tru door for the main entrance instead of a wood door. Although real wood is nice, I'm right next to the water and I worried about how a wood door would fare with all of the changes in humidity. There were two that I really liked, but I went with the simpler one that matched the style of the windows.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: