Friday, January 22, 2010

Week 19: Spray Foam Convert

 
 
 
 

It was a crazy week this week. On Sunday Matt was hospitalized and he was out for the week. But in Matt-like fashion he still directed a lot of the work at the house from his hospital bed. The good news is that he is fine and got out of the hospital yesterday. Even though he should be resting he went to the site to check in with the rest of the guys today.

We thought the insulation team was coming on Monday but never got confirmation from them so I was doubtful that they would show up. Then, on Sunday into Monday the weather deteriorated and the roads were so bad on Monday I was certain the insulation guys wouldn't make the 70-80 mile drive to Seal Harbor. But I was wrong. They showed up at 9:30 on Monday (about 3 minutes after I left the site) and got right to work. The three men were efficient, courteous and professional. It took them three days and they left the house neat and tidy. I was very impressed so I'm now a big fan of New England Spray Foam Insulation in Bangor, Maine. BUT...what is even more impressive is the performance of the insulation. I could heat the house with a candle at this point.

While the insulation was going in the construction crew worked on siding when the weather would allow. Today they moved back into the house to start the strapping for the dry wall.

The other good news is that the plumbing passed inspection with flying colors.

Not sure what the plan is for next week. I'm thinking that they guys will alternate between siding and dry wall depending on the weather. Some of my exterior doors arrived so those might get installed as well.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: