Saturday, April 24, 2010

Week 32: Earth, Fire, Water

 
 
 
 
 
 


An interesting week on the job site. A new coat of waterproof rubber was applied to the foundation block. They will put some crushed stone and perforated pipe down in the hole before backfilling with the dirt (which now forms a 15 foot mountain in my front yard!). As they backfill they will place the footings for the front porch. After that the framing of the porch and final push on exterior siding can proceed.

The gas was hooked up to the stove this week so that now works. The kitchen counter tops also arrived so by next week I should have a fully functional kitchen. The vanity for the guest bath has been installed(just waiting for the counter top) and the shower is functional because the hot water tank was hooked up.

The master bath shower had no progress this week because my tile guy got called to another job. I'm hoping he'll be back soon. I ordered stair rail parts and interior doors and those should start coming in over the next two weeks.

Had a bit of a scare this week as well. I saw a small puddle of water in the master bath one evening and assumed it was from a bucket that had been knocked over. Turns out there was a small pin hole in the test cap on the hot water line. The spray of water was so fine that it wan't visible. When I visited the site the next day (Saturday), the small puddle of water was a much larger puddle of water! I called the plumber and contractor and they both arrived at the house in a matter of minutes. It doesn't look like there was any damage to the floor or the ceiling on the first floor. Good thing the test cap itself didn't release or there would have been a BIG mess!

I'm moving out of my apartment next weekend and into the guest cottage of friends of mine on the island. I think it will be another 2-3 weeks before the house is ready to move into.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: